The Astus concept responds to a real demand thoughout the boating world. Since the launch of Astus 24, two years ago, we are continuing to expand our trimaran range, surfing the wave of popularity of sport multihulls.
We have therefore decided to present a recreational, accessible multihull for the 2016 season, in our first partnership with the naval architects at VPLP :
The Astus 16.5
This new model will be shown at the Paris Boat Show next December and at the 2016 Düsseldorf Boat Show.
With the Astus 16.5, Astusboats enters a new era. Working with the architectural firm, VPLP (which specializes in multihulls) promises to produce a high-performance, efficient boat..
True to the Astus, concept, the 16.5 offers :
- Standardization of the product to ensure continuity throughout the life of the model and the boat. The concept is preserved in its entirety: easy handling, portability, performance.
- Telescopic floats which make transport possible without any dismantling. Once the floats are retracted, Astus 16.5 meets the all road gauge requirements.
- Applying the thoroughly tried and tested Astus concept, this new improved model has a more modern shape and a sportier line, with harmonious curves and narrow water entry.
- Simplified and standard maintenance of the polyester in either contact or infusion structures.
- A sabre board allowing ease of use.
- Limited weight for dinghy-style use.
- An outboard motor can be mounted for coastal trips.
- Large storage locker.
- Club or sports version
Specification of the Astus 16.5:
Central hull length: 4.94m
Unfolded width: 3.8m
Folded width: 2.5m
Platform surface area: 8m²
Float volume: 500L
Mast length recreation/sport:7.06 m
Sail surface area
Recreation model: Mainsail 10m² /jib: 5m² /Gennaker 15m²
Sport model: Mainsail: 11.5m² /jib: 5.5m² / Gennaker: 20m²
C for 3 people
D for 5 people
Maximum engine power 2.5ch
Concept: Jean-Hubert Pommois
The Astus 16.5 recreation model comes with:
From 16 700€ TTC
- A mainsail, boomless furling line, and jib with dacron furling
- Front storage
- Mainsail bridle
- Wooden Daggerboard
- Polypro rudder
Sport model benefits:
- 17m²sail surface area
- Boom for mainsail border
- Carbon bowsprit for the Gennaker
- Mylar mainsail and jib
- Ball-bearing mechanical traveller
- 6-strand mainsail hoist
- Telescopic stick
- Sporty look
- Polyester fin
Sport + model:
- Carbon-fiber rig
- Px black sails